Wednesday 18 September 2013

Essay

The first studio work is definitely stressed me up as we were given this task right after the first studio workshop. First time trying to draw my own portrait with hatching technique and uppercase architecture lettering which I never try before. Through project 1a I actually get to know myself better by  drawing  my own portrait and screw out a lots of words to describe myself in terms of background, my possible future achievement and my possible contribution as a planner. And creating my personal logo to represent myself and my profession in the future. I feel contented when I saw my work done although it may not look that perfect and professional like the others and I feel happy that I am exposed to new things. Project 2 make me realized that the natural and man-made structure is coexist in the built environment. Hatching technique is apply in sketching the natural structure and apply the effect of shadow cast by the sun to make it looks more natural and livable. While the man-made structure is basically inspired by the shape or form exist in the natural element and we present it with water color medium which required a lot of patient and techniques for it. Project 3a, the sculpture allows me to represent and express my idea in the other form by using different materials, colors to make the sculpture. Through Project 3b, object connection, I learned that we should consider about the human anthropometrics and ergonomics when we design something and have fun working with my course mate to construct the model. Then we present our drawings in a more technical way by drawing the elevation and the perspective drawing in project 4.Presentation drawing help ones to present his idea and gives others a better understanding through the drawing and the visual stimulation. Learned how to observed and feel the existing neighborhood element through the site visit and presented in presentation drawing. Project 6,a project which combine 7 different majors into a group and through this project I learned that group coordination and cooperation is important to achieve the ultimate goal as we don’t work individually in real life. I learned to voice out my opinion and too respect and accept other’s opinion through discussion. And there are a lots of things that we have to consider in designing and constructing the model and every one of us contribute our part according to our major and too learn from the other major. There is a lots of conflict and argument but still all of us worked together as a team for one common goal. Project 7, the exhibition and project 8, performance night strengthen the bonding between the planning course mate as we spending a lots of time and effort in decorating for our exhibition booth and worked together as a team and also practicing for the performance ,rehearsal ,designing the banner ,flags and make our own costumes and weapons to represent our kingdom-Langkasuka. 

No comments:

Post a Comment